77 Integrity Quotes to Build Your Character
There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
is one of the most sought-after and also one of the most misunderstood
character traits. It is often defined simply as straightforward honesty. A
couple other definitions are “doing the right thing” and “being reliable.”
exactly is integrity, and why does society put such a high premium on it?
Having integrity is more than being honest or reliable—it is doing these things constantly, in any situation. Being honest does not just mean telling the truth all the time. It also means acting in a way that authentically reflects a person’s inner values and personal beliefs.
Reading integrity quotes can inspire you to cultivate and strengthen this characteristic within you. In today’s post, we’ve handpicked 77 of these inspiring quotes from people who exhibited integrity in their own lives
have integrity quotes for work and business; quotes about reputation and
integrity; integrity quotes for kids; and spiritual integrity quotes.
Let’s first dive into integrity quotes for work and business. May these wise words motivate you to consistently act with integrity when it comes to your vocation.
Quotes for Work and Business
is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.” – C. S. Lewis
often warn people: Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you,
‘There is no “I” in team.’ What you should tell them is, ‘Maybe not. But there
is an “I” in independence, individuality and integrity.’” – George Carlin
“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” – Mark Twain
impeccable with your words and speak with integrity. Say only what you mean and
use the power of your words in the direction of truth and love.” – Don
more completely baffles one who is full of trick and duplicity, than
straightforward and simple integrity in another.” – Charles Caleb Colton
you believe in unlimited quality and act in all your business dealings with total
integrity, the rest will take care of itself.” – Frank Perdue
I have said, the first thing is to be honest with yourself. You can never have
an impact on society if you have not changed yourself. Great peacemakers are
all people of integrity, of honesty, but humility.” – Nelson Mandela
your character so that you are a person of integrity.” – Peter Cain
retention may be best supported by operational integrity. After all, when you
think about your personal relationships as well as your business relationships,
you tend to stick with the folks that are really good at showing they sincerely
care about you, and doing what they say they’re going to do. It boils down to
trust.” – L. Hunsaker
your commitments with integrity.” – Les Brown
“Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not.” – Oprah Winfrey
give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured
with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.” – Donald A. Adams
P.I.G. – that’s my motto. P stands for Persistence, I stands for Integrity, and
G stands for Guts. These are the ingredients for a successful business and a
successful life.” – Linda Chandler
In business, a good reputation leads to more clients choosing you over the competition. On a personal level, a good reputation means that you usually have more influence on others. Other people tend to look up to you, and you become a role model for them.
a good reputation is a fragile thing. A single misstep is all it takes to
shatter what took you a long time to establish.
keep your good reputation, you need to act consistently. And this is where
integrity becomes priceless. Without it, you are merely pretending to have good
values. Integrity teaches you to act with sincerity.
jumpstart your sincerity, here is a collection of quotes about reputation and
Quotes About Reputation and Integrity
“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.” – Abraham Lincoln
is so perishable in the summer months of success.” – Vanessa Redgrave
is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important
matters.” – Albert Einstein
reputation and integrity are everything. Follow through on what you say you’re
going to do. Your credibility can only be built over time, and it is built from
the history of your words and actions.” – Maria Razumich-Zec
you get rid of integrity the rest is a piece of cake.” – Larry Hagman
life lived with integrity even if it lacks the trappings of fame and fortune is
a shining star in whose light others may follow in the years to come.” –
man should be upright, not be kept upright.” – Marcus Aurelius
you may retain your self-respect, it is better to displease the people by doing
what you know is right, than to temporarily please them by doing what you know
is wrong.” – William Boetcker
single lie destroys a whole reputation of integrity.” – Baltasar Gracian
starve to death is a small thing, but to lose one’s integrity is a great one.”
– Chinese Proverb
is what you are in the dark.” – Dwight L. Moody
is not a conditional word. It doesn’t blow in the wind or change with the
weather. It is your inner image of yourself, and if you look in there and see a
man who won’t cheat, then you know he never will.” – John D. MacDonald
the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing
because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with
integrity.” – W. Clement Stone
so that when your children think of fairness, caring, and integrity, they think
of you.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
a life of integrity is important, especially if you are a parent or a caregiver to a child.
tend to follow what adults do, so it is essential for you to act in a way that
consistently models correct behavior. You might want to
check out this post for some tips on how to help your child develop healthy
following integrity quotes for kids help explain the concept of integrity to
young people, as well as give examples of what this character trait embodies.
Integrity Quotes for Kids
true to your work, your word, and your friend.” – Henry David Thoreau
is not something that grownups have and adolescents can aspire to. Integrity is
something that all of us, at all ages, are constantly striving for.” –
half truth is a whole lie.” – Yiddish Proverb
I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “The time is always right to do what is right.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
so that your friends can defend you but never have to.” – Arnold H. Glasow
“Keep true, never be ashamed of doing right, decide on what you think is right and stick to it.” – George Eliot
is choosing courage over comfort; choosing what is right over what is fun,
fast, or easy; and choosing to practice our values rather than simply
professing them.” – Brené Brown
the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.” – Malala
you just set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything
at any time, and you would achieve nothing.” – Margaret Thatcher
you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything.” – Gordon A.
is what we do, what we say, and what we say we do.” – Don Galer
the end you should always do the right thing even if it’s hard.” – Nicholas
who have integrity share several common traits. The following are some of the
most obvious characteristics exhibited by people who stand up for what they
believe and do what’s right all the time:
give credit when it’s due.
respect and value your time.
are respectful, even in arguments.
give the benefit of the doubt.
defend those who are absent.
often have a sense of spirituality.
of spirituality, the following spiritual integrity quotes have been handpicked
to give you inspiration to persevere in your quest to live in integrity.
Spiritual Integrity Quotes
all things preserve integrity; and the consciousness of think own uprightness
will alleviate the toil of business, soften the hardness of ill-success and
disappointments, and give thee a humble confidence before God.” – Anonymous
are seven things that will destroy us: Wealth without work; Pleasure without
conscience; Knowledge without character; Religion without sacrifice; Politics
without principle; Science without humanity; Business without ethics.” –
“I cannot find language of sufficient energy to convey my sense of the sacredness of private integrity.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
with integrity, respect the rights of other people, and follow your own bliss.”
– Nathaniel Branden
is knowing the right path to take. Integrity is taking it.” – M. H. McKee
is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience.” – French Proverb
you look into your own heart, and you find nothing wrong there, what is there
to worry about? What is there to fear?” – Confucius
of integrity and honesty not only practice what they preach, they are what they
preach.” – David A. Bednar
no pleasure tempt thee, no profit allure thee, no persuasion move thee, to do
anything which thou knowest to be evil; so shalt thou always live jollity; for
a good conscience is a continual Christmas.” – Benjamin Franklin
is your destiny. It is the light that guides your way.” – Plato
- “Let me be weighed on honest scales, that God may know my integrity.” – Job 31:6
Inspiring Integrity Quotes
- With integrity, you have nothing to fear, since you have nothing to hide. With integrity, you will do the right thing, so you will have no guilt.” – Zig Zigla
“It takes courage to create a meaningful life of integrity. It also requires good company. And practice.” – Shelly Francis
- “Do what is right, not what is easy nor what is popular.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Integrity is the essence of everything successful.” – R. Buckminster Fuller
- “Integrity is making sure that the things you say and the things you do are in alignment.” – Katrina Mayer
- “With many overhead schemes for the world’s salvation, everything rests back on integrity and driving power in personal character.” – Harry Emerson Fosdick
- “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.” – Lao Tzu
- “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.” – Bob Marley
- “If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don’t have integrity, nothing else matters.” – Harvey Mackay
- “The integrity of men is to be measured by their conduct, not by their professions.” – Junius
- “Our deeds determine us, as much as we determine our deeds.” – George Eliot
- “I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year’s fashions.” – Lillian Hellman
- “We learned about honesty and integrity – that the truth matters… that you don’t take shortcuts or play by your own set of rules… and success doesn’t count unless you earn it fair and square.” – Michelle Obama
- “Integrity is the ability to accept one’s past choices and actions and go forth and act in accordance with one’s deepest values from within.” – Lynn Namka
- “Creating a culture of integrity and accountability not only improves effectiveness, it also generates a respectful, enjoyable and life-giving setting in which to work.” – Tom Hanson
- “I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence.” – Frederick Douglass
- “When you are able to maintain your own highest standards of integrity – regardless of what others may do – you are destined for greatness.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Integrity is the most valuable and respected quality of leadership. Always keep your word.” – Brian Tracy
- “Knowing what’s right doesn’t mean much unless you do what’s right.” – Franklin Roosevelt
need more people with integrity.
A life lived with integrity paves the way to true happiness. And since living with integrity is a deliberate and mindful practice, you can consider learning how to do it as a new positive habit you’re cultivating in your life.
If you value integrity and justice and want to treat others fairly, take the time to learn about confirmation bias.
We hope that the integrity quotes (along with our favorite songs about honesty) we featured today can be your inspiring companions on this journey.
If you’re interested to learn other positive habits, check out this post for a list of over 200 good daily habits to energize you.
Finally, if you want to use these quotes to make a lasting change to your life, then watch this free video that details the 7-minute habit for planning your day to focus on what’s truly important to you..